Katy joined the Jubilee Centre in October 2017. Prior to this, Katy worked as a teacher in a primary school in Bristol. She completed her PGCE at the University of Greenwich.
Katy has a PhD from the London School of Economics. Her thesis, ‘A Non-contingent Concept of Connectedness for Cosmopolitanism’, examined the foundations of contemporary cosmopolitan theories and argued that such theories could benefit from a Kantian approach. In particular, Kantian ideas of moral agency could prove useful for cosmopolitan theorists. Her interests include character education, as well as Kantian and Aristotelian accounts of virtue and character.
Before becoming a teacher, Katy worked as a research analyst at Goldman Sachs and a PR executive at Brunswick Group.
Katy is currently working on the Parent-Teacher Partnerships and Character Education project.
Telephone: +44 (0)121 414 5631
12th Floor (West) Muirhead Tower
University of Birmingham
B15 2TT, United Kingdom
- PGCE Primary, University of Greenwich, 2014
- PhD in Government, London School of Economics and Political Science, 2011 (viva passed with no corrections.)
- MSc in Political Theory (Distinction), London School of Economics and Political Science, 2006
- MA in Philosophy, University College Cork, 2005
- BA in Philosophy, University College Cork, 2000